Featured Meet Results Posted for 40th Haddad Windham XC Invitational
2018-09-08 – 5:10pm
The complete meet results are available below for the 40th Haddad Windham XC Invitational based on the MySportsResults.com Results page sponsored by soundRUNNER Team Nights with stores in Branford, Fairfield, Glastonbury and Old Saybrook. The meet was held at Windham High School in Willimantic, CT on Saturday, September 8, 2018.
Read about special meet coverage from Special Correspondent John Altavilla.
NOTE: MySportsResults.com publishes the results received/posted from meet directors and timing companies. If you don't see your results or if you think that the results are incorrect then ask your local coach to contact the meet director to send us the corrected meet results. Do not send an email to MySportsResults asking to correct the posted results.
Alert for Bus Parking at the Meet
9/7/2018 - 9:55am
Meet Director James Thompson has issued the following alert this morning to all coaches with team buses with plans to stay at the meet.
Due to the construction occurring at certain areas of the school parking lot, we are asking that busses park at Windham Middle School (123 Quarry St). A page with directions will be given to the driver if your bus plans on staying at the meet for the day.
Please make sure to communicate with your bus driver ahead of time.
Final Team Entry Reports Posted for 40th Haddad Windham XC Invitational
9/4/2018 – 9:00pm
The final Team Entry reports for the 40th Haddad Windham XC Invitational slated for Saturday September 8, 2018 at Windham High School in Willimantic CT are available on the Meet Reports page for coaches who have completed their Athletic.net event entries by the entry deadline.
1. Varsity Race Assignments are also posted. Please direct all questions about Varsity Race Assignments to Meet Director James Thompson (email@example.com ). Please include your school name and contact phone number in all correspondence.
2. Do not send emails regarding scratches of any athletes.
3. On race day, coaches can run up to 10 VARSITY ATHLETES for the Boys and Girls Varsity Races but only 7 will be eligible for team scoring. All other non-varsity high school athletes can run in the Junior Varsity and Freshmen races (unlimited entries).
Coaches Instructions for Shoe Chip and Bib Number:
- All runners will be issued a Shoe Chip and a corresponding Bib number.
In addition to the bib numbers that have been used in the past, each team will be issued timing chips which will be secured to the athletes' left or right foot. The chip can be secured with the twist ties provided or laced into the shoelaces. The chips and ties will be issued in a zippered pouch.
At the end of the race, coaches must retrieve the chips from their athletes, place them in the pouch, and return them to the registration tent. There will be a charge of $20 for each missing chip or pouch. Additional instructions will be provided in the packet coaches receive upon arrival at the meet.
Because of the switch to chip timing, there are no finish chutes at the finish line. Athletes must NOT STOP on the finish line and should continue to move to promptly exit the finish line area.
- It is very important that the coach follow these simple rules:
1. Every Coach must issue the correct bib number and shoe chip assigned to each athlete.
2. Instruct athletes to attach bib number to front of shirt and secure their chip to either shoe using twist ties or their shoelace.
3. Put your athletes in a race.
4. After each race is completed each coach collects the shoe chip from every athlete and returns all chips in team pouch to registration table.
- Timing and live results provided by Northeast Sports Timing Service.
Athletic Net Event Entry Opens on 8/20/2018
7/26/2018 - 10:00am
Athletic.Net Event Entry is available on 8/20/2018 for coaches who have submitted their Intent to Enter form. Coaches interested in attending the meet with their teams are required to submit an Intent to Enter at the meet website prior to registering their athletes for the meet in Athletic.net.
Finish your meet registration with your Athletic Net event entries by 8:00pm on Tuesday, 9/4/2018.
Intent to Enter Now Open for Registration
7/26/2018 - 10:00am
Coaches and their teams are invited to celebrate by competing at the 40th Haddad Windham Cross Country Invitational starting at 9:30am on Saturday, September 8, 2018 at Windham High School in Willimantic CT. The meet is open to all high school coaches for registration of their high school age athletes competing for their high school team.
Please see the entire meet website for details including registration, maps and event schedule. Note that the meet finish line has been upgraded this year to include chip timing for all competitors to help ensure more efficient race results.
Start your meet registration today by submitting your Intent to Enter on the Meet Registration page before 9:00pm on 8/31/2018.