UPDATE for Afternoon Race Schedule for 8th Winding Trails XC Invitational
9/17/2019 – 10:30am
Meet director Keith Garbart announced this morning that due to the large number of runners registered in the Large School Boys JV race meet management has split the race into two separate race Waves. Meet management felt that splitting into two waves would provide a better-quality start to the Boys JV Large race with better course management. The medals awarded for the TOP 20 will be awarded based on time including both race waves and not each race wave individually. All other races for the day will go off as planned with an updated afternoon schedule that is posted below.
Thank you for understanding as we adjust the races to make your day as enjoyable as possible. Your attendance at the 8th Winding Trails XC Invitational is appreciated and meet management looks forward to seeing you on Saturday!
The adjusted race times for the afternoon (NO CHANGES to the morning schedule):
12:00pm-Large School- JV Boy's Wave 1
12:35pm-Large School- JV Boy's Wave 2
1:10pm-Large School- JV Girl's
1:45pm- Large School- Varsity Boy's
2:20pm- Large School- Varsity Girl's
Awards at approximately 3:15pm
The Junior Varsity Team in each Wave:
WAVE 1: (Noon start)
- Avon, Bunnell, Cheney Tech, Cheshire, East Lyme, Enfield, Fairfield Ludlowe, Fairfield Prep, Farmington
WAVE 2: (12:35 start)
- Foran, Glastonbury, Hamden, Middletown, New Canaan, New Milford, Newtown, Simsbury, Windsor
JV Medals will be given to the TOP 20 overall times between the two waves not the TOP 20 for each individual wave.
Please address any meet administration questions to: Keith Garbart at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your school name and contact phone number in all correspondence.
Team Entry Reports Posted for 8th Winding Trails XC Invitational
9/15/2019 – 10:15pm
The Team Entry reports for the 8th Winding Trails XC Invitational at the Winding Trails facility in Farmington CT starting at 9:00am on Saturday, September 21, 2019 are available on the Meet Reports page for coaches who made on-time and late entries.
- Reminder to parents of athletes and spectators attending the meet that there is a $5.00 per car fee for entering the Winding Trails facility.
- Please address any meet administration questions to: Keith Garbart at email@example.com. Please include your school name and contact phone number in all correspondence.
- Please make sure to make your entry fee payment as soon as possible.
Reminders for Day of Meet:
- Every school that entered the meet is entailed to have a varsity team (consisting of 7 runners) and a J.V. Team (unlimited entries).
- On meet day, coaches will run only 7 VARSITY ATHLETES for the Boys and Girls Varsity Races.
- All other non-varsity high school athletes can run in the JV races. You may run an unlimited number of athletes in the non-varsity races.
- NEW THIS YEAR: Coaches can substitute a preferred Varsity athlete with an athlete listed from their JV entries 30-minutes prior to the start of their race.
- The coach must assign each athlete their correct bib number and race chip.
Intent to Enter Open for Registration
8/8/2019 - 3:00pm
Coaches are invited to register their teams for the 8th Winding Trails XC Invitational starting at 9:00am on Saturday, September 21, 2019. This invitational is one of the true cross country meets of the season as the course winds its way throughout the wonderful paths of the Winding Trails facility. There will also be spectator friendly viewing areas for everyone to enjoy. A CIAC Border sanction allows registration for coaches of high schools in New York, Massachusetts and Rhode Island in addition to Connecticut.
Coaches must start their meet registration by submitting an Intent to Enter form on the Meet Registration page before 9:00pm Eastern, Friday, September 13, 2019 to enable them to acquire an ACCEPTED/CONFIRMED status for event registration in Athletic.net. Note that Race assignments are based on CIAC enrollment noted in the Intent to Enter form where Large School Races include LL, L, MM teams and Small School Races include M, SS, S teams.