Meet Director Bill Baron welcomes any state and regional high schools to the Wickham Park XC Invitational scheduled for Saturday, October 7, 2017 at Wickham Park in Manchester CT. The meet is NFHS sanctioned for the six New England states and New York. The meet starts at 9:00am with special Middle School races and is followed by Freshman races, Junior Varsity races and a full slate of Varsity races in UnSeeded, Seeded and Championship divisions.
- The meet will be held at the Wickham Park course in Manchester CT.
- Timing and results provided by Northeast Sports Timing Service.
1. As soon as possible, coaches must complete Online Intent to Enter Form, print a copy they receive by email AND mail a copy with ENTRY FEE to Meet Director Bill Baron at 29 Apple Tree Lane, South Windsor, CT 06074
2. Only Coaches who have submitted an Intent to Enter form are allowed enter Varsity, Junior Varsity, Freshman, and Middle School athletes in the online Athletic.net beginning on August 28, 2017 and completed by 6:00pm Eastern, Sunday, Oct. 1, 2017.
Meet Registration Dates:
- EZ Meet Services manages all meet registration in association with Athletic.net registration.
- Athletic.net Online Event Entry for Boys and Girls available starting August 28, 2017.
- The online Intent to Enter deadline is 9:00 pm Eastern, Friday, September 29, 2017.
- Deadline for Athletic.net entry is 6:00 pm Eastern, Sunday, October 1, 2017.
- There are no late entries or day of meet entries.
Entry Procedures and Limits:
- You may run up to 7 athletes in the Varsity races.
- Only one (1) Varsity team is allowed to compete in the Unseeded, Seeded or Championship Varsity races. Enter your Varsity athletes in only a single Athletic.net race event; Unseeded, Seeded or Championship Varsity.
- You will not be able to change your race division after the Final Online Entry Deadline has passed.
- REMINDER: After entries close, changes to entries for the Varsity races are a simple replacement of one of the seven runners with another registered runner on race day since every competitor on each team has been issued a race number through official registration. No need to report the change to meet management since every runner has been assigned their own race number.
- Coaches are required to ensure that each athlete is provided with their assigned race number prior to each race. Only registered athletes are eligible to compete in a race.
- To insure a fair and quality meet, NHFS and CIAC rules will govern all events. The meet is sanctioned for the six New England states and New York. Additional states will be added, if necessary.
- Coaches need to register their runners in Athletic.net for the Junior Varsity, Freshman, and Middle School races.
- Competitors in the Junior Varsity, Freshman, and Middle School races will be issued race numbers and provided finish results.
- Junior Varsity runners (teams) will be assigned to JV Race 1 or JV Race 2 or JV Race 3 based on the total number of entrants to ensure equal number of participants in each race.
- Coaches are required to ensure that each athlete is provided with their assigned race number.
- You may run an unlimited number of athletes in any of the non-varsity races.
- In order for 6th, 7th, 8th grade athletes to compete in Middle School races they must represent their Middle School in accordance with CIAC and NFHS rules. No Club teams are accepted.
Entry Fees - Checks:
- $85.00 for one high school team
$160.00 for both high school boys and girls teams
$70.00 for middle school teams (covers BOTH boys and girls teams).
- Make checks payable to "Bill Baron" or "Wickham Invitation"
and mail with copy of completed Intent to Enter form to:
Meet Director Bill Baron
29 Apple Tree Lane
South Windsor, CT 06074
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR OFFICIAL INVOICE:
Coaches are responsible for printing their Athletic.net Final Entries to serve as their official meet invoice using the Athletic.net option for Finalized Entries on the Register Athletes screen. Do not send email requests for a meet invoice.
- Championship Race – 35 trophies and 25 medals
- Unseeded and Seeded Varsity – 35 trophies & 25 medals
- Freshman and JV Races – 50 medals
- Middle School Races – 50 smaller medals
- Trophies to top 4 teams in Varsity Races.
- Trophies to top 2 teams in middle school and freshman races.
- T-shirts and refreshments will also be available.
Contact Info - Meet Director:
- Bill Baron
29 Apple Tree Lane
South Windsor, CT 06074
Phone: (860) 644-1264
Meet Admin Services:
- EZ Meet Services administers all meet registration in conjunction with Athletic.Net Event registration. Email: email@example.com