Meet Director Bill Baron welcomes any state and regional high schools to the 36th Wickham Park XC Invitational scheduled for Saturday, October 12, 2019 at Wickham Park in Manchester CT. The meet is NFHS sanctioned for the six New England states and New York. The meet starts at 9:00am with special Middle School races and is followed by Freshman races, Junior Varsity races and a full slate of Varsity races in UnSeeded, Seeded and Championship divisions.
Reminders for 36th Wickham Park XC Invitational Meet:
- There are participant limits for each Boys and Girls race division: Varsity (1 team of 7 athletes), Junior Varsity (30 athletes), Freshman (15 athletes) and Middle School (25 athletes).
- The meet finish line includes chip timing for all competitors to help for more efficient race results.
- The meet will be held at the Wickham Park course in Manchester CT.
- Chip Timing and results provided by Northeast Sports Timing Service.
- All runners will be issued a Shoe Chip and a corresponding Bib number.
In addition to the bib numbers that have been used in the past, each team will be issued timing chips which will be secured to the athletes' left or right foot. The chip secured with the twist ties provided or can be laced into the shoelaces. The chips and ties will be issued in a zippered pouch.
At the end of the race, coaches must retrieve the chips from their athletes, place them in the pouch, and return them to the registration tent. There will be a charge of $20 for each missing chip or pouch. Additional instructions will be provided in the packet coaches receive upon arrival at the meet.
Because of the switch to chip timing, there are no finish chutes at the finish line except for the single chute for the individual award winners described in the Awards section. Athletes must NOT STOP on the finish line and should continue to move to promptly exit the finish line area
- It is very important that the coach follow these simple rules:
1. Every Coach must issue the correct bib number and shoe ship assigned to each athlete.
2. Instruct athletes to attach bib number to front of shirt and secure their chip to either shoe using twist ties or their shoelace.
3. Put your athletes in a race.
4. After each race is completed each coach collects the shoe chip from every athlete and returns all chips in team pouch to registration table.
Meet Registration and Entry Limits:
- Submit Intent to Enter Form: Coaches interested in participating in are required to submit an online Intent-to-Enter form at the Meet Registration page by 9:00pm on Friday, October 4, 2019 to be eligible for event registration in Athletic.net.
REMINDER: Only coaches of teams listed with Accepted Intent to Enter forms at the meet website are eligible to participate in the meet and make event entries. NOTE: The Attendance Status is updated by EZ Meet Services meet management in a periodic review of Intent to Enter forms. Do not send an email asking for update of confirmation status.
- Submit Event Entries in Athletic.net: Coaches need to register ALL their runners in Athletic.net for the Varsity, Junior Varsity, Freshman and Middle School races. Athletic.net Online Event Entry for Boys and Girls available starting August 26, 2019.
Deadline for Athletic.net entry is 6:00pm Eastern, Sunday, October 6, 2019.
Entry fees are charged for entering the meet. You owe the entry fee as detailed below for all entries made online. There are No Refunds for scratches or no shows.
- On day of meet each team will be allowed to make up to 5 substitutions (replacements) to their roster for each race for those athletes not already entered in Athletic.net. Forms will be available at the officials tent and must be filled out and returned no later than 30 minutes prior to the race in question. Coaches don't need to report switching a previously registered athlete between races (example: switch an athlete from Freshman race to the JV race.).
- EZ Meet Services manages all meet registration in association with Athletic.net registration.
- Only one (1) Varsity team of up to 7 athletes can compete in either the Varsity Unseeded, Seeded or Championship races. Enter your Varsity athletes in only a single Athletic.net race event; either Varsity Unseeded, Seeded or Championship events. Entry into multiple Varsity events will invalidate all your Varsity event entries!
- You will not be able to change your race division after the Final Online Entry Deadline has passed.
- Coaches are required to ensure that each athlete is provided with their assigned shoe chip and corresponding race number prior to each race. Only registered athletes are eligible to compete in a race.
- To insure a fair and quality meet, NHFS and CIAC rules will govern all events. The meet is sanctioned for the six New England states and New York. Additional states will be added, if necessary.
- There are participant limits for each Boys and Girls race division:
Junior Varsity (30 athletes),
Freshman (15 athletes) and
Middle School (25 athletes).
- Competitors in the Junior Varsity, Freshman, and Middle School races will be issued shoe chips and race numbers and provided finish results.
- Junior Varsity runners (teams) will be assigned to JV Race 1 or JV Race 2 or JV Race 3 based on the total number of entrants to ensure equal number of participants in each race.
- Coaches are required to ensure that each athlete is provided with their assigned shoe chip and corresponding race number.
- For 6th, 7th, 8th grade athletes to compete in Middle School races they must represent their Middle School in accordance with CIAC and NFHS rules. No Club teams are accepted.
Entry Fees - Checks:
- Entry fees are charged for entering the meet. You owe the entry fee as detailed below for all entries made online. There are No Refunds for scratches or no shows.
- High School:
$100.00 for single gender high school team.
$190.00 for both high school boys and girls teams.
Note that schools registering a boys and girls team separately will be expected to pay the $190.00 fee for their school.
- Middle School:
$85.00 for middle school teams (covers BOTH boys and girls teams).
- Make checks payable to "Bill Baron" or "Wickham Invitation"
and mail with copy of completed Intent to Enter form to:
Meet Director Bill Baron
29 Apple Tree Lane
South Windsor, CT 06074
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR OFFICIAL INVOICE:
Coaches are responsible for printing their Athletic.net Invoice to serve as their official meet invoice using the Athletic.net option. Do not send email requests for a meet invoice. Note that high schools registering a boys and girls team separately will be expected to pay the $190.00 fee for their school.
- Championship Race – 35 trophies and 25 medals
- Unseeded and Seeded Varsity – 35 trophies & 25 medals
- Freshman and JV Races – 50 medals
- Middle School Races – 50 smaller medals
- Trophies to top 4 teams in Varsity Races.
- Trophies to top 2 teams in middle school and freshman races.
- T-shirts and refreshments will also be available.
Contact Info - Meet Director:
- Bill Baron
29 Apple Tree Lane
South Windsor, CT 06074
Phone: (860) 644-1264
Meet Admin Services:
- EZ Meet Services administers all meet registration in conjunction with Athletic.Net Event registration. Email: email@example.com