Coaches and their high school teams are invited to participate in the 39th Stratton Brook Invitational cross-country meet starting at 9:00 am on Saturday, September 14, 2019 that features an updated spike friendly 5km course with no more pavement. The meet is open to Connecticut high school coaches and their high school age athletes competing on their high school team.
- The meet will be held at the Stratton Brook State Park course/facility in Simsbury CT that is only 0.9 miles from Simsbury High School.
Registration Procedures and Entry Limits:
- Coaches interested in participating in are required to submit an online Intent-to-Enter form on the Meet Registration page by 8:00pm Eastern, Friday, September 6, 2019 to enable them to acquire an ACCEPTED/CONFIRMED status for event registration in Athletic.net
- The meet is limited to the first 15 Small High School Teams (Class S, SS, M) and the first 15 Large High School Teams (Class MM, L, LL) to submit their Intent to Enter form.
- Important Note: the entry fee must be paid once a coach files an Intent to Enter form unless sufficient notice is given to the meet director prior to the Intent to Enter deadline so that another school can be allowed entry into the meet. Since there is a team entry limit, any team/school that withdraws from the meet without contacting the Meet Director or after the Intent to Enter deadline is required to pay for half of the entry fee.
- Entry fees MUST be paid prior to the meet or a copy of an approved school P.O. submitted prior to the meet.
- Athletic.net Online Event Entry for high school Boys and Girls teams available at August 26, 2019.
- Coaches must enter ALL their Varsity and JV athletes into either the HS Boys Races or the HS Girls Races in Athletic.Net system.
On race day, coaches will run only 7 VARSITY ATHLETES for the Boys and Girls Varsity Races.
All other non-varsity high school athletes can run in the JV race.
There is no need for a coach to decide who runs in which race until race day since everyone receives a bib number.
- Deadline for all Athletic.net high school event entries is 6:00 pm Eastern, Sunday, September 8, 2019.
- There are no late entries or day of meet high school entries.
- EZ Meet Services manages all high school team meet registration in association with Athletic.net.
Coaches Instructions for Shoe Chip and Bib Number:
- All runners will be issued a Shoe Chip and a corresponding Bib number.
In addition to the bib numbers that have been used in the past, each team will be issued timing chips which will be secured to the athletes' left or right foot. The chip can be laced into the shoelaces or secured with the twist ties provided. The chips and ties will be issued in a zippered pouch.
At the end of the race, coaches must retrieve the chips from their athletes, place them in the pouch, and return them to the registration tent. There will be a charge of $20 for each missing chip or pouch. Additional instructions will be provided in the packet coaches receive upon arrival at the meet.
Because of the switch to chip timing, there are no finish chutes at the finish line. Athletes must NOT STOP on the finish line and should continue to move to promptly exit the finish line area.
- It is very important that the coach follow these simple rules:
1. Every Coach must issue the correct bib number and shoe chip assigned to each athlete.
2. Instruct athletes to attach bib number to front of shirt and secure their chip to either shoe using their shoelace or twist ties.
3. Put your athletes in a race.
4. After each race is completed each coach collects the shoe chip from every athlete and returns all chips in team pouch to registration table.
- Timing and live results provided by Northeast Sports Timing Service.
Entry Fees - Checks:
- The entry fee is $195.00 for each high school including both or either boys and girls teams.
- Make check payable to: Simsbury High School
- and mail to:
Athletic Director Jeffrey Pinney
Simsbury High School
34 Farms Village Rd
Simsbury, CT 06070
Coaches, please pay special attention to the following:
- To insure a fair and quality meet, NHFS and CIAC rules will govern all events.
- The meet is open to high school coaches and their high school age athletes competing on their high school team.
- The top 25 finishers in each race will receive custom designed medals.
- Team plaques are awarded to the top 3 teams in all divisions and the top 2 J.V. teams.
- An Athletic Trainer is on site during meet.
- A complete refreshment stand will be available with food, drinks, candy etc. Meet T- shirts and souvenirs will be sold.
Meet Admin Services:
- EZ Meet Services administers all meet registration in conjunction with Athletic.Net Event registration. Email: email@example.com