Connecticut coaches and their teams are invited to participate in the 8th Harry Geraghty XC Invite starting at 9:00am on Saturday, September 28, 2019. The meet is directed by Coach Peter Anthony of South Windsor HS and held at the Nevers Park XC Course in South Windsor. The meet is open to Connecticut high school age athletes competing with their high school team. Connecticut Middle school coaches are also invited to register their Middle school boys' and girls' teams in grades 6-7-8. Note that the meet finish line includes chip timing for all competitors to help ensure more efficient race results.
- The meet will be held at Nevers Park in South Windsor CT. The same course used for the South Windsor High School cross country meets.
Coaches Instructions for Shoe Chip and Bib Number:
- All runners will be issued a Shoe Chip and a corresponding Bib number.
In addition to the bib numbers that have been used in the past, each team will be issued timing chips which will be secured to the athletes' left or right foot. The chip should be secured with the twist ties provided. The chips and ties will be issued to each coach in their registration packet.
At the end of the race, coaches must retrieve the chips from their athletes and return them to the timing table. There will be a charge of $10 for each missing chip. Additional instructions are available at these two links:
Bib & Chip Instructions for ALL Runners & Coaches
PC Timing Instructions for Attaching IPICO Shoe Chip
Due to chip timing, there are no finish chutes at the finish line. Athletes must NOT STOP on the finish line and should continue to move to promptly exit the finish line area.
- It is very important that the coach follow these simple rules:
1. Every Coach must issue the correct bib number and shoe ship assigned to each athlete.
2. Instruct athletes to attach bib number to front of shirt and secure their chip to either shoe using supplied twist ties.
3. Put your athletes in a race.
4. After each race is completed each coach collects the shoe chip from every athlete and returns all chips to timing table.
Registration Procedures and Entry Limits:
- High school and Middle School coaches interested in participating in are required to submit an online Intent-to-Enter form at the Meet Registration page by 9:00pm on Friday, September 20, 2019 to enable them to acquire an ACCEPTED/CONFIRMED status for event registration in Athletic.net.
The high school meet is limited to the coaches of the first 15 high schools in the small and large school divisions to submit their Intent to Enter form to protect the integrity of the race and runners.
- Athletic.Net Online Event Entry for High School and Middle School Boys and Girls teams is available starting on August 26, 2019.
- High school coaches must enter ALL their Varsity and JV athletes into either the Boys HS Race or Girls HS Race in Athletic.Net system.
On race day, coaches will run only 7 VARSITY ATHLETES for the Boys and Girls Varsity Races.
All other non-varsity high school athletes can run in the JV races.
There is no need for a coach to decide who runs in which race until race day since everyone receives a bib number.
- Middle school coaches need to register ALL their runners from the Athletic.Net Roster into either the Boys Middle School Race or the Girls Middle School Race. Competitors in the Middle School races will be issued race numbers with corresponding shoe chips and provided finish results.
Standard cross-country scoring will determine team places; the first 1-5 runners score for their team while the 6th-7th runners displace other runners on other teams.
- Deadline for all Athletic.Net event entries is 6:00pm Eastern, Sunday, September 22, 2019. All coaches of High School and Middle School teams are required to submit their team entries in Athletic.net.
- EZ Meet Services administers all meet registration in conjunction with Athletic.Net Event registration. There are no late entries or day of meet entries.
Entry Fees - Checks:
- The High School meet entry fee is $90.00 for each single gender team entered or $175.00 for each school consisting of a boys and girls team.
- The Middle School meet entry fee is $65.00 for each single gender team entered or $125.00 for each school consisting of a boys and girls team.
- The Entry fee must be received prior to start of meet on Saturday, September 28, 2019.
Please note: There is a $25.00 late fee for checks received after the deadline.
- Make check payable to: South Windsor High School c/o Harry Geraghty Meet
- and mail to:
59 Pine Tree Lane
So. Windsor Ct. 06074
- All profits go to the Harry Geraghty Scholarship Fund.
Coaches, please pay special attention to the following:
- To insure a fair and quality meet, NHFS and CIAC rules will govern all events.
- The meet is open for registration by Connecticut coaches of high school age athletes competing with their high school team and open for registration by Connecticut coaches of middle school athletes in grades 6, 7, 8 competing for their middle school team.
- Trophies to the top 3 teams in the Varsity High School and Middle School races
- Medals to the top 25 individuals in each race
- Smaller medals to the top 25 individuals in Junior Varsity races- no team scoring.
- An Athletic Trainer is on site during meet.
Contact Info for Meet Director:
- Peter Anthony
South Windsor High School
161 Nevers Rd,
South Windsor, CT 06074
Meet Admin Services:
- EZ Meet Services administers all meet registration in conjunction with Athletic.Net Event registration. Email: email@example.com