Meet Director Lavinia Vigue and Meet Coordinator Dave Bellemare invite Connecticut coaches to register their cross-country teams for the 32nd Going to the Sun Cross Country Invitational at Coginchaug Regional HS, slated for a 3:45m start on Thursday, September 19, 2019. All races will be run on a scenic, rolling, mostly grass 5km course at CRHS and the surrounding athletic fields.
- The meet will be held at the Coginchaug Regional High School course/facility in Durham CT. All races are 5k in length.
Timing and Results:
- Chip timing and results provided by Fast Track Timing Services.
Registration Procedures and Entry Limits:
- Coaches interested in participating in are required to submit an online Intent-to-Enter form at the Meet Registration page by 9pm on Friday, September 13, 2019 to enable them to acquire an ACCEPTED/CONFIRMED status for event registration in Athletic.net.
- In Athletic.net make sure to enter all your Varsity and JV athletes into either the Boys HS Race or Girls HS Race. Athletic.net Event Entry for Boys and Girls opens 8/27/2018.
Deadline for Athletic.net entry is 6:00 pm Eastern, Sunday, September 15, 2019.
There are no late entries or day of meet entries.
- On race day, run only 7 VARSITY ATHLETES for the Boys and Girls Varsity Races.
- All other non-varsity high school athletes can run in the JV races. You may run an unlimited number of athletes in the non-varsity races.
- There is no need to decide who runs in which race until race day since everyone receives a chip and bib number.
Entry Fees - Checks:
- Coaches are responsible for assuring payment is received at Coginchaug prior to the meet date or they will hand deliver payment on day of the meet.
- The entry fee is $110.00 for each single gender team entered or $200.00 for each school consisting of a boys and girls team.
- Make check payable to: CRHS Athletic Dept/XC -Meet
- and mail to:
CRHS Athletic Dept/GTTS
Coginchaug Reg High School
135 Pickett Lane
Durham, CT 06422
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR OFFICIAL INVOICE:
Coaches are responsible for printing their Athletic.net Invoice to serve as their official meet invoice using the Athletic.net option. Do not send email requests for a meet invoice. Note that high schools registering a boys and girls team separately will be expected to pay the $200.00 fee for their school.
Coaches, please pay special attention to the following:
- To insure a fair and quality meet, NHFS and CIAC rules will govern all events.
- The meet is open to all high school age athletes competing with their high school team.
- All races are 5k in length.
- Trophies for 1st thru 3rd Varsity Teams
- Trophies for 1st thru 3rd Varsity Individuals Boys and Girls; medals for 4th thru 20th places.
- Meet T-shirts to winners of Varsity Boys and Girls races
- Trophies for 1st thru 3rd Junior Varsity Individuals Boys and Girls, medals for 4th thru 20th places.
- Trophies for top Freshmen in Varsity Boys and Girls races
- Trophies for 1st thru 3rd of Combined Boys & Girls Varsity Teams
- An Athletic Trainer is on site during meet.
- Food concession will be available. Meet T- shirts will be sold.
Meet Admin Services:
- EZ Meet Services administers all meet registration in conjunction with Athletic.Net Event registration. Email: email@example.com