Featured Meet Results Posted for 31st Going to the Sun Invitational
9/23/2018 9:32 AM
The complete meet results are available below for the 31st Going to the Sun Invitational based on the MySportsResults.com Results page sponsored by soundRUNNER Team Nights with stores in Branford, Fairfield, Glastonbury and Old Saybrook. The meet was held at Coginchaug Regional HS in Durham, CT on Thursday, September 20, 2018.
The meet featured a team victory by the East Catholic Boys team in the Varsity Race with 25 points over runner-up Lyme-Old Lyme with 63 points. East Catholic used a 1-2-3 finish led by Heath Olivieri in 16:34 over the 5km course. The Girls Varsity Race was highlighted by a team win by Hale Ray over second place East Hampton by a 64 to 74 point margin as Emily Sienna of Hale Ray won in 19:03 for the 5km course.
NOTE: MySportsResults.com publishes the results received/posted from meet directors and timing companies. If you don't see your results or if you think that the results are incorrect then ask your local coach to contact the meet director to send us the corrected meet results. Do not send an email to MySportsResults asking to correct the posted results.
Team Entry Report Posted for 31st Going to the Sun Cross-Country Invitational
9/16/2018 - 7:10pm
The Team Entry reports for the 31st Going to the Sun Cross-Country Invitational are available on the Meet Reports page for coaches who have completed their event entries by the entry deadline.
- Note that the updated Course Map has been posted at the meet website.
- Do not send any emails for scratching athletes from the meet.
- Please address any further event entry and meet administration questions to: Dave Bellemare at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include your School Name and contact phone number in all correspondence.
- On race day, run only 7 VARSITY ATHLETES for the Boys and Girls Varsity Races. All other non-varsity high school athletes can run in the JV races. There is no need to decide who runs in which race until race day since everyone receives a chip. You may run an unlimited number of athletes in the non-varsity races.
- Please make sure to make your entry fee payment as soon as possible.
Athletic Net Event Entry Opens on 8/27/2018
7/31/2018 - 8:00am
Athletic.Net Event Entry is available on 8/27/2018 for coaches who have submitted their Intent to Enter form. Coaches interested in attending the meet with their teams are required to submit an Intent to Enter at the meet website prior to registering their athletes for the meet in Athletic.net.
Finish your meet registration with your Athletic Net event entries by 6:00pm Eastern, Sunday, September 14, 2018.
Intent to Enter Open for Registration
7/31/2018 - 8:00am
Meet Director Lavinia Vigue and Meet Coordinator Dave Bellemare invite Connecticut coaches to register their cross-country teams for the 31st Annual Going to the Sun Invitational at Coginchaug Regional HS, slated for Thursday, September 20, 2018. All races will be run on a scenic, rolling, mostly grass 5km course at CRHS and the surrounding athletic fields.
Start your meet registration by submitting your Intent to Enter on the Meet Registration page before 9:00pm Eastern, Friday, September 14, 2018 to receive an ACCEPTED/CONFIRMED status for event registration in Athletic.net.