Heath Olivieri Leads East Catholic Boys to Team Title as Kate Daley of Morgan Wins Girls Varsity Race
9/21/2017 – 8:45pm
At the 30th Going to the Sun XC Invitational meet today at Coginchaug High School in Durham CT first place honors in the Boys Varsity Race were won by Heath Olivieri of East Catholic as he finished in 16:47 over the 5km course. East Catholic won team honors with 31 points as they swept the top 3 places as well as 9th and 16th. Old Saybrook finished in second place with 83 points. In the Girls Varsity Race, senior Kate Daley of Morgan placed first in a time of 19:40 ahead of runner-up Emily Sienna of Hale Ray in 19:57 on the 5km course. Old Lyme took home firs place honors with 81 points by a narrow margin over Coginchaug with 87 points.
Complete Results Posted for 30th Going to the Sun XC Invitational
09-21-2017 – 7:00pm
The complete meet results from the 30th Going to the Sun XC Invitational meet for teams and individuals are now available from the MySportsResults.com Results page sponsored by soundRUNNER of Branford, Fairfield, Glastonbury and Old Saybrook. The EZ Meet Services Featured Meet was held at Coginchaug High School in Durham CT on Thursday, September 21, 2017.
Team Entry Report Posted for 30th Going to the Sun Cross-Country Invitational
9/17/2017 - 7:00pm
The Team Entry reports for the 30th Going to the Sun Cross-Country Invitational have been made available on the Meet Reports page for coaches who have completed their event entries by the entry deadline.
- Note that the updated Course Map has been posted at the meet website.
- Do not send any emails for scratching athletes from the meet.
- Please address any further event entry and meet administration questions to: Dave Bellemare at email@example.com . Please include your School Name and contact phone number in all correspondence.
- On race day, run only 7 VARSITY ATHLETES for the Boys and Girls Varsity Races. All other non-varsity high school athletes can run in the JV races. There is no need to decide who runs in which race until race day since everyone receives a chip. You may run an unlimited number of athletes in the non-varsity races.
- Please make sure to make your entry fee payment as soon as possible.
Intent to Enter Open for Registration
Meet Director Lavinia Vigue and Meet Coordinator Dave Bellemare invite Connecticut coaches to register their cross-country teams for the 30th Annual Going to the Sun Invitational at Coginchaug Regional HS, slated for Thursday, September 21, 2017.
Coaches interested in participating in the meet must complete the online Intent to Enter by 8:00 pm Eastern, Friday, September 15, 2017.
Start your meet registration now by submitting your Intent to Enter on the Meet Registration page!