Coaches are invited to register their teams for the 9th Connecticut River Valley Invitational starting at 8:30 am on Saturday, September 21, 2019 with Race Check-in between 7:15-8:15am. The meet is open to all Connecticut coaches and their high school athletes competing for their high school team. The meet is also open to all Connecticut coaches and their middle school age athletes competing with their middle school team in grades 6, 7, 8.
To ensure a smoothly run event and plentiful parking there the meet is limited to the first 20 high school coaches and first 10 middle school coaches to submit their Intent to Enter form for their team. There is a waiver of the middle school entry fee when the middle school and high school teams are from the same town.
- The meet will be held at the Cromwell High School in Cromwell CT.
- Both the 5km and 2-mile courses are a combination of grass, dirt path, a bit of pavement with a finish on the track. They are fast courses that are relatively flat and excellent for spectators. They are completely contained within the grounds of Cromwell High School.
- The race course is marshaled by event staff for each race.
Buses and Parking:
- Bus parking for the event is on the grounds of the Cromwell High School. Meet directors don't want cars interacting with racers on the course so it will be only open to busses and will be blocked off once the races get underway.
- Spectator parking is at Edna C. Stevens School at 25 Court Street, Cromwell, CT that is closer to the starting area than the High School lot.
Timing Service and Results:
- Timing and results provided by Fast Track Timing.
Registration Procedures and Entry Limits:
- Coaches interested in participating in are required to submit an online Intent-to-Enter form at the Meet Registration page by 8:00pm Eastern, Friday, September 13, 2019 to receive an ACCEPTED/CONFIRMED status for event registration in Athletic.net.
The meet is limited to the first 20 high school coaches and first 10 middle school coaches to submit their Intent to Enter form for their team.
- Athletic.Net Online Event Entry for Boys and Girls available at August 26, 2019.
- Deadline for all Athletic.Net event entries is 6:00pm Eastern, Sunday, September 15, 2019.
- There are no late entries or day of meet entries.
- Every high school that enters the meet is entailed to have a varsity team (consisting of 7 runners) and a J.V. Team (unlimited entries).
- For this early season meet, coaches must enter ALL their Varsity and JV athletes into either the Boys HS Race or Girls HS Race in Athletic.Net system.
On race day, coaches will run only 7 VARSITY ATHLETES for the Boys and Girls Varsity Races.
All other non-varsity high school athletes can run in the JV races.
There is no need for a coach to decide who runs in which race until race day since everyone receives a bib number.
- Middle school coaches need to register ALL their runners from the Athletic.Net Roster into either the Boys Middle School Race or the Girls Middle School Race. Competitors in the Middle School races will be issued race numbers and provided finish results.
Standard cross-country scoring will determine team places; the first 1-5 runners score for their team while the 6th-7th runners displace other runners on other teams.
- You may run an unlimited number of athletes in any of the non-varsity races.
- EZ Meet Services administers all meet registration in conjunction with Athletic.Net Event registration.
Entry Fees - Checks:
- The team entry fee is $125.00 for each high school.
- The team entry fee is $75.00 for each middle school. The middle school entry fee is waived when the middle school and high school teams are from the same town.
- Make check payable to: Cromwell Cross Country Booster Club
34 Evergreen Rd.
Cromwell, CT 06416
Coaches, please pay special attention to the following:
- To insure a fair and quality meet, CIAC rules will govern all events.
- The meet is open for registration by Connecticut coaches of high school age athletes competing for their high school team.
- The meet is open for registration by Connecticut coaches of middle school age athletes (6-7-8 grades) competing for their middle school team.
- Team awards to Boys Varsity Champions, Girls Varsity Champions, Boys Middle School Champions and Girls Middle School Champions.
- The first place Varsity Boy and Varsity Girl as well as Middle School Boy and Girl will receive a plaque.
- The first 25 Varsity boys and girls awarded a commemorative meet t-shirt.
- The first 10 JV Boys and Girls receive a commemorative meet t-shirt.
- The first 15 Middle School Boys and Girls awarded a commemorative meet t-shirt.
- An Athletic Trainer is on site during meet.
Contact Info for Meet Director:
- A food concession stand will be available.
- Meet T- shirts will be sold.
Meet Admin Services:
- EZ Meet Services administers all meet registration in conjunction with Athletic.Net Event registration. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org