Meet Director Craig Lundell invites coaches and their teams from Connecticut to the Middletown Outdoor Track and Field Invitational that offers a Frosh-Soph Meet starting at 3:30pm on Friday, May 1, 2020 and a Varsity Meet starting at 1:00pm (Field) and 2:00pm (Track) on Saturday, May 2, 2020. The meet is open for registration to all CIAC Connecticut coaches for their high school age athletes competing with for high school team. Note that Frosh-Soph Meet competition is open to only freshmen and sophomore athletes.
- The Varsity Meet events will be held at the Middletown High School Track and Field facility at 200 LaRosa Lane in Middletown CT.
- The Frosh-Soph Meet events, with exception of 1600m/3200m, will be held at the Middletown High School Track and Field facility at 200 LaRosa Lane in Middletown CT.
Meet Director Craig Lundell has announced that the 1600m Run and 3200m Run events in the Frosh-Soph Meet on Friday will be held at Woodrow Wilson Junior High School, Hunting Hill Ave., Middletown CT. A shuttle bus will be provided to bring runners between Middletown HS and Wilson JRHS. Athletes can also report directly to Wilson JRHS and check-in with meet official Deb Petruzzello.
- Fully automatic timing and results provided by GrimesTimes timing service.
- Coaches interested in participating in the meet are required to submit an online Intent-to-Enter form at the Meet Registration page at the meet website by 9:00pm on Friday, April 24, 2020 to be eligible for event registration in Athletic.net.
REMINDER: Only coaches of teams listed with Accepted Intent to Enter forms at the meet website are eligible to participate in the meet and make event entries. NOTE: The Athletic.net Attendance Status is updated by EZ Meet Services meet management in a periodic review of Intent to Enter forms. Do not send an email asking for update of confirmation status.
- Athletic.net Online Event Entry for separate Soph-Frosh and Varsity Meets starting on 03/21/2020.
Note that there are separate Athletic.net entry registrations for the Soph-Frosh Meet and the Varsity Meet.
- Deadline for online Athletic.net event entry is 7:00pm Eastern, Wednesday, April 29, 2020.
- No late entries or day of meet entries!
- EZ Meet Services administers all meet registration in conjunction with Athletic.net Event registration.
Entry Procedures and Limits:
Varsity Meet Entries:
- Athletes may compete in 3 events; no boy/girl may be entered in more than three (3) events, including relays. Entry as an alternate count as one of the athlete's three (3) events.
- Important Info: Starting Varsity Heights:
Boy's H.J. 5'6" P.V. 9'6" / Girl's H.J. 4'6" P.V. 7'0"
- Girl's and boy's pole vault and high jump will run concurrently using two pits.
- Competitors must have met the minimum standards to be eligible! Throws and jumps below the minimum standard will not be measured.
- The meet director and event management reserve the right to reject event entries at any time that don't meet the posted standards.
Freshmen - Sophomore Meet Entries:
- Note that competition on Friday is open to only freshmen and sophomore athletes.
- Limit of TWO events for all Frosh-Soph competitors (includes relays). Entry as an alternate counts as one of the athlete's two (2) events.
- Maximum of THREE competitors per team per event
- One race only 800m or longer for Frosh-Soph competitors (coach is responsible to ensure standard is met)
- Athletes who compete in a Frosh-Soph event on Friday MAY NOT compete in an open event on Saturday, however, may compete in a different relay. (coach is responsible to ensure standard is met)
- Three attempts, no finals in field events (*attempts under a minimum dist. will not be measured)
- Starting Heights: Boy's HJ: 5'0" P.V. 8'0" Girl's H.J. 4'2" P.V. 6'0"
Entry Fees - Checks:
- ALERT: ENTRY FEES are due by Thursday April 30, 2020. All Entry Fee Balances should be reconciled before the start of the meet for a team to compete. Purchase Orders and school checks are tolerated on day of the meet. You owe for your team entry made online. If your school requires an invoice inform meet director Craig Lundell prior to the meet. No refunds of team entry for scratches or no-shows. Please inform spectators that an admission fee will be charged for entering the meet.
- One team (Boy's or Girl's), One day (Fri or Sat): $125
- One team (Boy's or Girl's), Two days (Fri and Sat) $225
- Two teams (Boy's and Girl's), One day (Fri or Sat) $225
- Two teams (Boy's and Girl's), Two days (Fri and Sat) $350
- Individual per event: $20
- Relay team only, per relay race: $25
- Make check payable to: MHS Boosters Club
Middletown High School
Middletown, CT. 06457
Coaches, please pay special attention to the following:
- To insure a fair and quality meet, CIAC rules will govern all events.
- The meet is open to all Connecticut high school age athletes competing with their high school team.
Instruct Your Athletes:
- Check out with officials before going to a running event, then report back promptly after the race.
- Competitors may go out of turn during trials, however, will lose their attempt if not present at finals
- Coaches and athletes should stay away from the finish line as there will be FAT system in use.
- No Team setup allowed on the Infield. Only competing athletes are allowed to warm-up on the infield area. No sunflower seeds in the infield. No Grilling Allowed.
- Implement Check: An inspector must check all implements prior to use in the meet. Violators will be disqualified for using implements that have not passed meet inspection.
- Medals to the top six finishers in each event
- No team championship will be declared
- An Athletic Trainer will be on site during meet.
- Meet Director:
Middletown High School
Primary Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet T-shirts will be on sale.
- A concession stand will be open during the meet.
- Please inform parents that admission will be charged for spectators attending the meets, $5.00 for Adults and $3.00 for Seniors and Students.
Meet Admin Services:
- EZ Meet Services administers all meet registration in conjunction with Athletic.net event registration. Email: email@example.com