Coaches and athletes of the Central Connecticut Conference South Division are invited to participate in the CCC South Division Outdoor Track and Field Championship starting at 3:00pm on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at Middletown HS, Middletown CT. The meet is open for registration to coaches of all high school age athletes competing with their CCC South Division high school team including the following schools: Berlin, Bristol Central, Bristol Eastern, Maloney, Middletown, Plainville, Platt.
- The events will be held at the Middletown High School Track and Field facility at 200 LaRosa Lane in Middletown CT.
Timing and Results:
- Fully automatic timing and results provided by GrimesTimes.
Entry Procedures and Limits:
- Mark Verifiability: Qualifying times and distances for each individual event entry must be verifiable by published meet results.
- Coaches are required to provide qualification data during event entry if you are not using an ATHLETIC.NET seed mark or if you override the ATHLETIC.NET seed mark. Failure to provide such information may cause the entry to be rejected on review by meet director.
- Once entries close, seeds will be released for coaches to review. Any questions regarding authenticity should be brought to the attention of the meet director.
- Any contestant in the meet may not be entered in more than three (3) events excluding relays. A competitor shall not compete in more than three (3) events including relays. A contestant becomes a competitor when he/she reports to the clerk of course.
- For all relays, coaches must enter their Athletic.net event entry for the most probable 8 (eight) athletes. On meet day, changes are allowed to the relay entries including substitution of existing athletes as well as original order.
- Relay teams report with signed relay cards when called to the clerk of course.
- Any athlete entered in their Athletic.net event entry in more than 3 individual events will be dropped from additional individual events based on the posted order of events after the entry deadline during entry service processing.
- Only one (1) relay team per event per school (no "B" teams).
- Each team shall be entitled to enter two (2) athletes per event (automatic entrees). If a team enters more than 2 athletes in a single event, ALL entered athletes must meet 2019 CIAC Class S Qualifying Standards and noted in the Athletic.net Event Registration.
- The coach is responsible for ensuring that the 3 or more athletes meet the Class S Standards during Athletic.net event entry. The Meet Director has final control of the events and entries.
- If you are not using an ATHLETIC.NET seed mark or if you override the ATHLETIC.NET seed mark then all hand timed entry marks shall first be rounded up to the slower one tenth of a second and then a conversion factor of 0.24 must be added prior to entering the athlete into the meet in the ATHLETIC.NET entry form.
- EZ Meet Services administers all meet registration in conjunction with Athletic.net event registration
- Athletic.net Event Entry Deadline is 8:00pm Eastern, Friday, May 17, 2019.
- There are no late entries or day of meet entries.
Entry Fees - Checks:
- The entry fee for each Boys or Girls team entered is $150.00 or $300.00 for each school consisting of a boys and girls team. Note that schools registering a boys and girls team separately will be expected to pay the $300.00 fee
- Make check payable to: MHS Athletics
- Mail to:
Attention Elisha Dejesus
200 LaRosa Lane
Middletown, CT 06457
Coaches, please pay special attention to the following:
- To insure a fair and quality meet, CIAC rules will govern all events.
- The meet is open to all high school age athletes competing with their CCC South high school team.
- All track races are finals in slow to fast heat order with exception of trials and finals shall be conducted for both the 100M Dash and the 100/110M high hurdles races.
- Trials and finals shall be conducted for both the 100M Dash and the 100/110M high hurdles races.
- Trials and finals will be conducted in the horizontal and throwing events (LJ, TJ, SP, D, J) with nine (9) athletes progressing to the finals. Three (3) attempts in trials and three (3) in the finals.
- All heats and flights count towards places-scoring.
- Divisional Team Scoring will be as follows: - 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 (8 places) .
- Coaches and athletes will be asked to stay away from the finish line as there will be a FAT system in use.
- An Athletic Trainer is on site during meet.
- An inspector must check all implements prior to use in the meet. Violators will be disqualified for using implements that have not passed meet inspection.
- Meet Director:
Middletown High School
200 LaRosa Lane
Middletown, CT 06457
Meet Admin Services:
- EZ Meet Services administers all meet registration in conjunction with Athletic.net event registration. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org