4th Wilton Wright Invite Featured Meet Record by Plainfield Girls 4x400m Team
2019-12-30 - 9:10pm
The 4th Wilton Wright Invitational featured a new meet record and a tie of an existing record in events held at Moore Fieldhouse at Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven CT on Monday, December 30, 2019. The latest meet records are noted below.
Latest meet records included:
- The Plainfield Girls 4x400m relay team of Cassandra Carleson, Kate Carleson, Isabella Newbury and Lindsey Price combined for a winning time of 4:18.11 to best the former mark of 4:19.11 set by Windsor in 2016.
- In the 55m Dash semi-final heat, Kisha Francois of East Haven equaled her meet record of 7.46 that she set last year. Francois won the finals in a time of 7.48.
Other event winners included:
- Olivia Dubuc of Sheehan won the 600m run in 1:41.31
- The Girls 1600m run was captured by Wolcott's Kathryn Rodrigues in 5:23.94.
- Edith Kwadan-naab of East Haven sped to victory in the 55m hurdles in 9.30.
- The Girls High Jump winner was Courtney Rowland of Nonnewaug as she cleared 5'0" to claim the title on her first attempt as Alissa Hurd of Pomperaug finished second at 5'0".
- Sophomore Grace Gianquinto of Amity was the victor in the Pole Vault with a height of 8'0".
- Baijeon Bookal of New Britain sped to victory in the Boys 55m dash in 6.55.
- Junior Keith Caouette of Watertown claimed first place in the 600m run in 1:26.19.
- Nicholas Bendtsen of Wolcott edged Nate DeAngelo of Bristol Central in the 1600m by a slim margin of 4:32.63 to 4:32.95.
- Jared Russo of Notre Dame-West Haven secured the victory in the 55m hurdles in 8.16.
- The Pomperaug Boys 4x400m relay quartet of Mark Cristino, Ryan Carp, Greg Grom and Aidan Markward united to win in 3:42.03.
- The Boys High Jump winner was Riley Bjornberg of Sheehan with a height of 5'8".
- Max Bothwell of Notre-Dame-West Haven cleared 12'6" in the Pole Vault for the victory.
Event Entry Reports Posted for the 4th Wilton Wright Invitational
12/26/2019 – 8:25pm
The event entry reports for the 4th Wilton Wright Invitational scheduled for a 2:00pm start on Saturday, December 30, 2019 are available on the Meet Reports page in HTML and PDF formats. Reports include Performance List and separate Team Entries reports for Boys and Girls.
- Scratches will be accepted before the start of the meet. Do not email requests for scratches or changes.
- Please read/review/print your final team entries in either the Boys or Girls Team Entry reports.
- The Performance lists are provided for reference only and are subject to changes based on scratches on meet which result in re-seeding. The clerk of course at the meet will have the official start lists.
- The meet entry file has been provided to Paynes Corner Timing. The reports are provided for reference only and are subject to change based on scratches that result in re-seeding. The clerk of course at the meet will have the official start lists.
- All entry fees must be paid by start of the meet. All Entry Fee Balances must be reconciled before the start of the meet for a team to compete. Purchase Orders and school checks are tolerated at day of the meet Entry fees are charged for entering the meet. You owe for each entry made online. No refunds of event entry for scratches or no-shows.
- Please contact Meet Director Melissa Stoll for all meet questions including entries and fees. Office: (515) 231-4312 or Email: email@example.com
ALERT to Change in Meet Start Time to 2:00pm
12/26/2019 - 4:00pm
Meet Director has issued an alert to a change in the start time of the meet from 12:00pm to 2:00pm due to unanticipated construction in the Moore Field House.
Welcome to the 4th Wilton Wright Invitational
Meet Director Melissa Stoll invites CIAC high school coaches and their teams to the 4th Wilton Wright Invitational on Monday, December 30, 2019 starting at 12:00pm. This fourth-year meet provides competition in limited events (55m Dash, 55m Hurdles, 600m Run, 1600m Run, 4x400m Relay, Pole Vault and High Jump) for a quickly run meet. The meet is open to all CIAC high school coaches for registration of their high school age athletes competing for their high school team. Please make sure to read all meet information and registration details.
Start your team registration by submitting the required Intent to Enter form on the Meet Registration page at the meet website by 8:00pm on Sunday, December 22, 2019 and complete your Athletic.net event entries by 8:00pm on Thursday, 12/26/2019.