Meet Director Melissa Stoll invites CIAC high school coaches and their teams to the 4th James Barber Invitational meet on Tuesday, January 7, 2020 starting at 5:00pm. This fourth-year meet provides competition in limited events (55m Dash, 55m Hurdles, 1000m Run, 1600m Run and 4x200m Relay, Shot Put, Pole Vault and Long Jump) for a quickly run meet. The meet is open for registration by CIAC coaches of high school age athletes competing with their high school team who are in grades 9-12. Please make sure to read all meet information and registration details.
- The meet will be held in the Moore Field House, 125 Wintergreen Avenue at Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven, CT.
1/8" or 1/4" pyramid-type spikes ONLY in running events.
All surfaces are MONDO, with six 39" lanes w/ 70' radius and six 39" sprint/ hurdle lanes.
- Team Buses can drop off athletes and coaches in front of Moore Field House at 125 Wintergreen Ave. New Haven, CT 06515. Coaches: please direct bus drivers to Brownell Parking Lot on Farnham Ave. Bus Parking Map: Click to view Lot-9 Brownell Parking Lot for team buses.
- Spectators: Please park in Wintergreen Parking Lot – located just passed Moore Field House. Free Parking. Spectator Parking Maps: http://www.southernct.edu/files/general/maps/scsu-map.pdf
(#38 Wintergreen Parking Garage parking for spectators and team vans)
- No parking allowed in between Wintergreen building/Moore Fieldhouse and at entrance circle (Abe Grossfield Cir).
Timing and Results:
Registration Procedures and Entry Limits:
- Coaches interested in participating in are required to submit an online Intent-to-Enter form at the Meet Registration page by 8:00pm on Thursday, January 2, 2020 to be eligible for event registration in Athletic.net.
REMINDER: Only coaches of teams listed with Accepted Intent to Enter forms at the meet website are eligible to participate in the meet and make event entries. NOTE: The Athletic.net Attendance Status is updated by EZ Meet Services meet management in a periodic review of Intent to Enter forms. Do not send an email asking for update of confirmation status.
- Terms for Intent to Enter: Team Reservation and Meet Cancellation fees are charged as part of the overall Event Entry fee. As the coach representing a team you are required to Accept or Reject the following Meet fees prior to submitting your Intent to Enter information. Both fees are included as part of the Event Entry fee.
1. Due to the limited capacity for this Indoor meet the Meet Director requires a Team Reservation Fee where if your team doesn't attend the meet and you failed to notify the Meet Director by email by 9pm on Thursday 1/2/2020 then payment of $175 per gender team or $350 for combined teams or $25 (per athlete if not entered under team fee) is required from the school.
2. You are also responsible for payment of the Meet Cancellation Fee where if the meet is cancelled due to state-wide mandated travel bans or a lack of our facility of $175 per gender team or $350 for combined teams or $25 (per athlete if not entered under team fee) is required from the school. The Meet Cancellation Fee is still charged in event of individual school-mandated travel bans or school cancellations where team cannot attend.
- Entry fees are charged for entering the meet. You owe the entry fee as detailed in the Entry Fees – Checks section for all entries made online. There are No Refunds or reduction of entry fee for scratches or no shows.
- Athletic.net Online Event Entry for Boys and Girls available starting on 12/3/2019 for coaches with accepted Intent to Enter Forms.
- Each team may only enter 3 athletes per field event and 4 athletes per running events. Exception of 1000m Run and 1600m Run where each event is limited to a total of 60 boys and 60 girls.
- Athletes may compete in 3 events; no boy/girl may be entered in more than 3 events including relays. Entry as an alternate count as one of the athlete's three events.
- Only 1 Relay entry per boys or girls team.
- Deadline for Athletic.net Online Event Entry is 6:00pm on Sunday 1/5/2020.
- No day of meet entries. There are no late entries or day of meet entries.
- EZ Meet Services administers all meet registration in conjunction with the Athletic.net service.
Entry Fees – Checks or Credit/Debit Card:
- The entry fee for each Boys or Girls team entered is $175.00 or $350 combined teams or $25.00 per individual event athlete.
- Teams with outstanding entry fees from a meet last season are not allowed to register event entries until balance is received by Meet Director Melissa Stoll.
- All entry fees must be paid by start of the meet. All Entry Fee Balances must be reconciled before the start of the meet for a team to compete. Purchase Orders and school checks are tolerated at day of the meet Entry fees are charged for entering the meet. You owe for each entry made online. No refunds of event entry for scratches or no-shows.
- Make check payable to: Stoll Enterprises LLC
407 Whitney Ave #7
New Haven, CT 06511
- Federal Tax ID# 46-5403581 – If required, coaches should provide their business offices a copy of this W9 Form.
- An official invoice for each school is available in Athletic.net. Final entry fee is amount shown after entries have closed.
- Entry fee payment can be received via Credit or Debit Card and can be done prior to the meet (please call meet director to process) or on day of meet upon arrival. A $2.00 processing fee will be additionally charged for all credit or debit card payments.
Coaches, please pay special attention to the following:
- To insure a fair and quality meet, NFHS and CIAC rules will govern all events.
- The meet is open to all CIAC high school age athletes competing with their high school team.
- Implement Check: An inspector must check in all implements prior to use in the meet. Violators will be disqualified for using implements that have not passed meet inspection.
- Coaches and athletes will be asked to stay away from the finish line as there will be a FAT system in use.
- Moore Field House Rules prohibit outside food, beverages, gum, and tobacco and is strictly enforced.
- An Athletic Trainer is available from one hour before the first event until the conclusion of the meet.
- Meet Director: Melissa Stoll
407 Whitney Ave. #7
New Haven, CT 06511
Office: (515) 231-4312
- General admission will be $4.00 for individuals ages 13+.
- T Shirts will be for sale by East Coast Tags (https://www.eastcoasttags.com/)
- Concessions will be available for sale during the meet.
Meet Admin Services:
- EZ Meet Services administers all meet registration in conjunction with Athletic.net service. Email: email@example.com